It’s that wonderful time of year again and the holiday season is in full swing in the Olympia area. From the Lightstravaganza to jazz concerts and of course, Santa you can find a variety of fun activities for you and your family to enjoy. Below is a list of just some of the events happening this weekend.
The season also reminds us of our most valuable gift of Giving. My office, RE/MAX Professionals, is providing much-needed Christmas gifts to a family in Olympia as part of the Adopt a Family program as well as donating items to SafePlace. We encourage you to share your gift of Giving this holiday season and spread the joy in your community.
- Find Santa on a fire truck throughout the county this weekend. Get the details here.
- Snap your photo with Santa. Here is a list of options around Thurston County.
- Cut down a Christmas tree at a Thurston County tree farm. Find our list here.
- Pop into the Hands On Children’s Museum for Free Friday Night.
- Drive past the Oly Lightstravaganza house and stop to chat with neighbors. Find the address in this article.
- Marvel at the decorated trees during Christmas Forest. Find complete details here.
- Wave to the Signing Santa who will be in Lacey on Friday evening. Get event information here.
- Bring the whole family to the Olympia Downtown branch of the South Sound YMCA on Friday night for a Christmas party.
- Enjoy a choir concert at Saint Martin’s on Friday night or at The Washington Center on Saturday night.
- Tap your feet to a holiday jazz concert at South Puget Sound Community College on Friday evening. Get tickets at org.
- Listen to Isaiah Dominguez in his first Olympia concert in five years. He is playing Sunday night at Le Voyeur. Find out about the local musician here.
- Catch a performance of Harlequin Production’s 19th annual Stardust. Get tickets and information here.
- Dash the Jingle Bell Run on Saturday morning. Register for the 5k race here.
- Participate in the 5k Reindeer Run on Sunday morning, leaving from the Hands On Children’s Museum. Get registration details here.
- Find a holiday bazaar and pick up a handmade treasure. Find a list of all 8 holiday bazaars scheduled for Saturday here.
- Support the motorcycle riders delivering toys during the annual Toy Run on Saturday.
- Swing into Donedei Wines. The local winery is open to the public on Saturday.
- Substitute razor clams for your traditional holiday meal. Clam tides happen throughout the weekend.
- Watch the action of the Oly Town Artesians indoor soccer team on Saturday night.
- Catch live jazz at Uncork and Unwind on Saturday evening. Find all live music listings here.
- Enjoy a performance of Olympia Family Theater’s “How the Slug Stole Solstice” throughout the weekend. Read a full story here.
- Take a tour of Olympia’s historic homes on Sunday afternoon.
For more information visit: http://www.thurstontalk.com/2014/12/05/olympia-weekend-event-calendar-56/